- 225 g (1/2 lb) potatoes
- 2 medium leeks
- 250 ml single cream
- 2 medium eggs
- One large handful of grated cheese and/or breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Clean the leeks (by slicing then lengthways and fan them out under running water) and slice them.
- Layer the potatoes and leeks in a greased baking dish, sprinkling a little salt and pepper over each layer.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream and eggs together.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes and leeks.
- Sprinkle some cheese and/or breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and the top is browned.
This recipe is adaptable for vegans. Simply take out the eggs and replace the cream with soya cream. Add some onions and mushrooms to the dish to intensify the flavour. Very tasty!
Recipe courtesy of Abel and Cole Organic Food Boxes: www.abelandcole.co.uk