02 September 2012

"The art of happiness" The Dali Lama



I have just finished reading this book whilst on holiday-I found it a wonderful insight into the Dali lama and Buddhism. Its is written by a psychiatrist who interviewed the Dalai Lama many times. The book is a combination of narrative by the author and extended quotes of the Dalai Lama's answers. The simplicity of many of his answers was so refreshing, and keeping life simple is key-His kindness and compassion to all philosophy, is simple but effective-forgiveness is also included.... 

I read this on my kindle and highlighted many things-I do not think you have to be religious or a Buddhist  to enjoy this book, I would highly recommend this read, especially to those of us that sometimes need reminding to "keep it simple"

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you would like to leave a comment, you can do so below.