New course dates:
- 25 February - 25 March
- 22 April - 20 May
- 3 June - 1 July
- 2 - 30 September
About the courses:
The Yoga Mama antenatal course is run by experienced midwives, antenatal teachers and baby feeding specialists. The course is suitable for couples and most of the classes will be held in the evenings. It is advisable to book a course to start 8-10 weeks before your baby is due (possibly earlier if you are expecting twins). There are 5 (2½ hour) antenatal sessions, which are held on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 - 9pm, with a further postnatal session.
The courses offer practical information and support for pregnancy, all types of birth and early days with a new baby. There will be the opportunity to include any aspects of birth and early days with a baby the group are interested in as well as the following topics:
- What to expect during pregnancy (including hormone changes)
- Physiology of birth, stages of labour (including early signs)
- Coping strategies during labour (including both natural and medical pain relief)
- Relaxation, positions for birth and breathing techniques
- Possible complications during birth
- Caesarean birth
- Induction of labour
- Birth partners role during labour
- Early days with a new baby including baby care
- Baby feeding
- Postnatal recovery
The aim of this course is to prepare and give confidence to couples for birth and parenting. It is also to enable them to have the best experience possible and create a local support group. The cost of this course of £295.00.
More information and bookings
For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To book a course or for more information, please call 020 8789 3881 or send an email to email@example.com.