- 1 420 gram can (~ 1 3/4 cups) black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 large flax eggs (2.5 T flaxseed meal + 6 T water)
- 4 T coconut oil, melted (or substitute another oil of choice)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (the higher quality the better)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw sugar, slightly ground or pulsed in a food processor or coffee grinder for refined texture
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For sprinkling on the top (optional): crushed walnuts, pecans or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Lightly oil a 12-slot standard size muffin pan (not mini)
- Prepare the flax egg by combining the ground flax and water in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse a few times and then let rest for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree, about 3 minutes.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a spoon or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but not runny.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- Optional: Sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Visit the Jiva Healing blog for more recipes.