"Supporting pregnant students in general yoga classes"
with Cherie Lathey of Yoga Mama
Saturday, 6 September 2014. 10am - 4pm at Yoga at The Space, Studland
Pregnancy is an amazing personal journey for a woman, both mentally and physically. Practising yoga during pregnancy can help women adapt to these changes in a positive way.
Many yoga teachers often feel they do not have enough information or the confidence to integrate pregnant women into their general classes. This one day CPD workshop will be led by Cherie Lathey, Director and Senior Yoga Teacher of Yoga Mama, and is approved by Yoga Alliance UK. This will be both a discussion and practical workshop. Teachers will leave feeling confident they have the relevant information to safely support their pregnant students.
The workshop will include:
- General precautions and guidelines
- How hormones can affect your student both physically and emotionally
- Common ailments of pregnancy and how to work with these to ease symptoms
- The importance of transitional poses within a class
- Suitable asana (poses) and modifications
- Suitable breath work (pranayama)
- Suitable rest poses
- Mula bandha and the pelvic floor
- Optimal foetal positioning for later stages of pregnancy
Cost and booking
The price of this workshop is £60. However, there is an early bird offer of £55, if booked before 1 August. To book your place on this workshop, visit the Yoga at The Space website.
This CPD talk will take place at Yoga at The Space in Studland, Dorset. See address and map below.
(formerly the old Wesleyan Chapel)