Tuesday 27th January 2015, 10:30am - 1:30pm
The instructor is a trained nurse and she will also cover in the session: major bleeds, burns, head injuries and meningitis. There will be manuals and certificates to take away with you.
This workshop is a practical session and attendees should wear suitable clothing and advise us prior to the class if there are any pre-existing injuries or conditions that we should be aware of.
Please book by Monday 19th January 2015 to ensure your place. Payment on booking. To book, call us on 020 8789 3881 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First aid for babies and toddlers workshop schedule:
- Action at an emergency (priorities of treatment)
- What to do if your child is unconscious but breathing (recovery position)
- What to do if you find your child unconscious and not breathing
- Baby and toddler CPR
- Choking (theory and practical)
- Preparing for an emergency (things to think about before the event)
- First aid kits
- Major bleeds
- Head injury (concussion and compression)
- Febrile convulsions and hypothermia
- Meningitis and septicaemia