SUPPORTING PREGNANT STUDENTS IN GENERAL YOGA CLASSES
SUNDAY 29 MARCH 2015 (10AM-3PM)
Cherie Lathey will be holding a CPD workshop for yoga teachers at The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy on Sunday 29th March 2015. The subject of the workshop is "Supporting Pregnant Students in General Yoga Classes". For full information about the workshop and booking details, see below.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Pregnancy is an amazing personal journey for a woman, both mentally and physically. Practising yoga during pregnancy can help women adapt to these changes in a positive way.
Many yoga teachers often feel they do not have enough information or the confidence to integrate pregnant women into their general classes. This one day CPD workshop will be led by Cherie Lathey, Director and Senior Yoga Teacher of Yoga Mama, and is approved by Yoga Alliance UK. This will be both a discussion and practical workshop. Teachers will leave feeling confident they have the relevant information to safely support their pregnant students.
The workshop will include:
- General precautions and guidelines
- How hormones can affect your student both physically and emotionally
- Common ailments of pregnancy and how to work with these to ease symptoms
- The importance of transitional poses within a class
- Suitable asana (poses) and modifications
- Suitable breath work (pranayama)
- Suitable rest poses
- Mula bandha and the pelvic floor
- Optimal foetal positioning for later stages of pregnancy
COST AND BOOKINGS
The price of this workshop is £65. Early bird offer: £60, if booked and paid before 28th February 2015. To book your place on this workshop, call us on 0208 789 3881 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.