POSTNATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING DAY
SUNDAY 5TH JULY 2015, 10AM - 5PM*
Yoga Mama will be running a Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training course on Sunday July 5th 2015 (10am – 5pm) at our studio in Putney, south west London. This one-day course is fully accredited by Yoga Alliance UK and is for qualified pregnancy yoga teachers.
This course is open to teachers who have completed the Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training or those with a similar pregnancy yoga qualification.
The course will cover the following:
- Anatomy and physiology of postnatal women. This includes: pelvic floor recovery, hormonal changes, rectus separation and birth trauma.
- Specific postnatal yoga practice, which will include safe core work.
- Common complaints of postnatal women.
- Emotional needs of postnatal women (including postnatal depression, feeding issues, loss of identity)
- Running postnatal classes.
COURSE METHODOLOGY AND ASSESSMENT
- The course will include both lectures and practical sessions.
- Throughout the day, there will be recap quizzes.
- You will be asked to observe two postnatal yoga classes and write up observation notes (prior to attending or submitting within a reasonable time frame after the course).
You will receive a Yoga Mama postnatal certificate. You will also be able to use the training day towards your Yoga Alliance CPD points.
- Cherie Lathey: Senior Yoga Teacher and Director of Yoga Mama Teacher Training School. Director of The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy.
- Katie Howard: Women's Health Physiotherapist and Clinical Pilates Instructor.
- Alison Downey: Midwife at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
The cost of this one day course is £125. For Graduates of Yoga Mama Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course, the cost is £110.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for to apply for this course.
Upon confirmation of your place, bookings can me made via email on email@example.com or by telephone on 020 8789 3881.
* Subject to sufficient numbers