14 November 2016
What is hypnobirthingPregnancy is a time of joy, excitement and anticipation, but the thought of childbirth often evokes fear and anxieties. Hypnobirthing provides the knowledge and tools to help reduce those fears and build confidence in this natural process. Based on a well established practise and rooted in medical research, hypnobirthing empowers you to feel in control regardless of how your baby is born. It will make a positive difference to your experience and will hugely benefit both you and your baby.
Likely benefits for you and your babyBefore
- Feeling empowered, calm and in control when approaching the birth
- Looking forward to giving birth
- Providing a relaxed atmosphere for your baby
- A positive experience of giving birth for you, your baby and your partner
- Shorter and sometimes even pain free labour
- Reduced likelihood for the need of medical intervention
- Having an alert and calm baby who is ready to bond with you
- Reduced recovery time and minimised postnatal difficulties
- A shared and loving experience for you and your partner
The courseThe course runs over three sessions, during which it covers:
- Techniques to release fears and achieve a deep level of relaxation
- Breathing and visualisation exercises
- The role of the birthing partner
- How your body is designed to give birth and how your mind can help
- Positions to help you and your baby achieve a comfortable birth
- Information surrounding the medical procedures offered during pregnancy
- How to make informed choices throughout your pregnancy and beyond
Your birthing partner is essential in providing support and protection to you during this special time and the course is designed to empower you both. Partners who have attended the course report feeling included and actively involved during both the pregnancy and birth. Of course it is not always possible for partners to attend, and you will still benefit from attending alone.
The ideal time to undertake this course is during your second trimester, as this allows time to follow the simple practices and prepare for the birth. The techniques learned are also wonderful tools to help you relax and enjoy the pleasures of pregnancy. You are, however, welcome to attend at any time that suits you. All pregnant women are welcome, regardless of how they are intending to have their baby.