Yoga for Birth Preparation with Diane King
Next course starts Wednesday 5 April, 4:30pm
Diane’s Yoga for Birth Preparation classes are tailored for the final stages of pregnancy (from 32 weeks). This is a time in which expectant mothers most need to quieten the mind, let go of time pressures and constant doing. During this stage of pregnancy, women should be in a consciously relaxed state. This will allow them to connect not only with themselves, but also with their babies. It also allows women to discover their inner birthing wisdom.
Yoga for Birth Preparation course outlineDiane’s Yoga for Birth Preparation course runs over two weeks. It covering the following topics:
- The natural physiology of birth.
- What to expect at the different stages of the labour process.
- Using breath as your anchor in labour.
- Detailed breath techniques for the different stages of labour.
- Managing fear.
- Trusting your body and nurturing a sense of empowerment.
- Creating a positive intention and guided relaxation.
- Letting go of the intellect and connecting with intuition and instincts.
After the initial discussion, the session then becomes more focused on the body. We incorporate yoga postures that can help move the labour process along. We also aim to build an inner and outer strength, so as to support women along the course of labour. To finish, we end the class with a restorative relaxation. We fully support mums-to-be so they can let go and connect with their inner self and their babies.
Above all, the class aims to nurture a sense of community and sharing in the final stages of pregnancy. This support will benefit women as they approach childbirth and enter into motherhood.