The Physical and Psychological Effects of Stress
Free Stress Management Talk with Fiona Worthington and Dermot Burke
Thursday 29th June 7-8.30pm
Did you know that stress can affect us physically as well as psychologically? In modern life, stress is more common than you would perhaps think. For this reason, the Putney Clinic is holding a free stress management workshop on Thursday 29th June. The talk will be led by our resident Clinical Hypnotherapist, Fiona Worthington, and Physiotherapist, Dermot Burke. They will offer suggestions to ease the physical and psychological effects of stress. In addition to this, they will give practical advice on how you can take better care of yourself moving forward.
WHAT WE WILL COVER
During the talk, Fiona and Dermot will cover a broad spectrum of stress-related topics, amongst which are:
- The physiological effects of stress and The Biopsychosocial Model.
- How stress can influence pain and our behaviour.
- The physiological effects of exercise and movement.
- Studies linking exercise, cognitive control and stress/health.
- An explanation of what internal and external stressors are.
- What triggers your personal stress?
- Simple exercise and movement tips.
- To finish off, we will have a relaxing group hypnosis/ breathing session.
The talk is open to the general public and is free. However, due to limited space, booking is essential. To reserve your place, you can book online, in person at reception or by calling us on 020 8789 3881. Similarly, you can also book your place by sending an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Fiona Worthington (Cognitive Behavioural Coach & Clinical Hypnotherapist)
Fiona uses CBT and Hypnotherapy. Both of these techniques are about training the mind, and clients can go away and use them for themselves. Her friendly personality will put you at ease during your sessions. In essence, Fiona aims to equip you with the tools so that you can move forward in life.
Dermot Burke (Physiotherapist)