Two week baby massage course
Starts Thursday 15th June, 10-11am
Massage is the most natural and instinctive form of caring for the baby. The new-born baby experiences the world through its senses, such as touch, smell, taste, sound and vision. These senses develop gradually. However, from the moment of birth, the baby already understands the language of touch.
What are the benefits of baby massage
Here are some of the benefits of baby massage:
- Massage helps to create a unique bond between the parents and the baby.
- It gives first-time parents more confidence.
- Massage relaxes both the baby and the parent.
- Mothers who suffer from postnatal depression may feel more positive when they experience their baby’s response to the massage.
- Massage helps parents to be aware of their baby’s body and the developmental changes they are going through.
- Regularly massaged babies develop their motor skills more quickly.
- Massage helps to improved circulation, as well as promoting healthy skin and a strong immune system.
- As the baby relaxes during the massage, their muscles also relax. As a result, massage can also help to ease conditions such as colic pain and constipation.
- Baby massage is highly therapeutic. In addition to this, it can help with several ailments throughout early childhood.
This 2-week baby massage course is run by paediatric physiotherapist Lauren Wee. The course starts on Thursday 15th June at 10am, with each session lasting for an hour. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Cost and booking
This 2-week baby massage course costs £40. You can book online, in person at reception, by calling 020 8789 3881 or by sending an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.