NEXT COURSE STARTS WEDNESDAY 8TH NOVEMBER 2017 (4:30-6PM)
This is a new 2-weel Yoga and Hypnobirthing Birth Preparation course at Yoga Mama Wellness and The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy. The course is a rare gem as it combines birth preparation yoga and hypnobirthing. The course is led by Diane King (an experienced yoga teacher) and Dr Stacy Gandolfi (hypnobirthing practitioner and clinical psychologist).
The classes are for the final stages of pregnancy (from 32 weeks onwards). This is a time when mums-to-be most need to quieten the mind, let go of time pressures and constant doing. During this stage of pregnancy, women should be in a consciously relaxed state. This will allow them to connect not only with themselves, but also with their babies. It also allows women to discover their inner birthing wisdom.
Course outlineThe course runs over two weeks. To start, the first week is with Diane and then, to finish, the second week is with Dr Gandolfi. We will cover the following topics:
Week 1: Birth Preparation Yoga with Diane
- Natural Physiology of birth (graph)
- Yoga movement and birth positions
- Breathing: you will discover what breathing practices help during the different stages
- Restorative relaxation, goddess and side-lying relaxation
- Fear: the impact on the birthing muscles and the mind
- Techniques for managing fear
- Guided relaxation