BIRTH PREPARATION YOGA AND HYPNOBIRTHING TEACHER TRAINING CPD WORKSHOP
Sunday 15th April 2018, 9am - 5pm
Birth Preparation yoga and Hypnobirthing are for the final stages of pregnancy (from 32 weeks onwards). This is a time when mums-to-be most need to quieten the mind, let go of time pressures and constant doing. During this stage of pregnancy, women should be in a consciously relaxed state. This will allow them to connect not only with themselves, but also with their babies. It also allows women to discover their inner birthing wisdom.
AIM OF THE WORKSHOPThe aim of this CPD workshop is to give yoga teachers the information and tools to support women in the latter stages of pregnancy in yoga classes. How birth preparation yoga and hypnobirthing techniques can help prepare expectant mothers as they venture into childbirth and motherhood.
WHAT WE WILL COVERIn this Birth Preparation Yoga and Hypnobirthing CPD, we will cover the following topics:
- Natural Physiology of birth
- Yoga movement and birth positions
- Breathing: you will discover what breathing practices help during the different stages
- Restorative relaxation, goddess and side-lying relaxation
- Fear: the impact on the birthing muscles and the mind
- Techniques for managing fear
- Hypnosis and Self-hypnosis
- Guided relaxation
ELIGIBILITYThe Yoga Mama Birth Preparation Yoga and Hypnobirthing CPD is approved by Yoga Alliance Professionals. It is open to yoga teachers and women’s health professionals.
FACULTYThe faculty of the Yoga Mama Birth Preparation Yoga and Hypnobirthing CPD comprises of:
- Cherie Lathey: Course Director & Senior Yoga Teacher.
- Diane King: Birth Preparation and Pregnancy Yoga Teacher
- Dr Stacy Gandolfi: Hypnobirthing Practitioner and Clinical Psychologist
VENUEThis Birth Preparation Yoga and Hypnobirthing CPD will take place at the Yoga Mama studio. Full address below.
2nd Floor, Putneymead Group Medical Practice
266 Upper Richmond Road,
London SW15 6TQ