Venue: Cecil Sharp House*
Date: Sunday 21 to Wednesday 24 September 2014
Time: 8:30am to 5:45pm each day
About the workshop
The word 'rasa' has many beautiful meanings: in the arts, rasa is the transforming “taste” that brings inner satisfaction to the beauty of dance, music or painting. Within yoga and Ayurveda, rasa is our “inner juice” associated with longevity, joy, devotion, and flexibility. Without rasa, it is said, our experience of yoga and life, becomes “dry, rigid, routine”.
Experience a full-spectrum yoga practice intensive into the art of RasaVinyasa™- an approach to sequencing vinyasa yoga drawing from yogic arts, tantra, and ayurveda.
In this four-day teacher training intensive, Shiva will offer the theory and practice of Rasa Vinyasa by exploring three consummate rasas: Vira (strength, potency), Sringara (divine love and sensuality) and Shanti (living peace). We will explore the power of alchemical yoga that is sequenced in harmony with the energetic state of the day for activation, healing and rejuvenation to bring balance and “juice” to your practice, teaching and life.
Areas of focus will include:
- Rasa Vinyasa: Yoga Alchemy within Tantra, Bhakti and Ayurveda
- Four Rasa Vinyasa namaskars with the dance of hands-on assists
- Rasa Vinyasa Sequences to balance and evolve your practice
- Sringara Rasa Vinyasa: a creative sadhana which cultivates the fluid flow
- Sringara Rasa Namaskars, transformational wave sequencing for backbending, and deep meditation/relaxation for the flow of love
- ViraPranaFlow: a dynamic sadhana integrating PranaDandaYoga, an evolutionary form combining standing asanas, which will engage challenging combinations of arm-balances, standing poses and hip openers
- ShantiPranaFlow: a meditative vinyasa for peace; a complete practice with ritual namaskars, mudra vinyasa, asanas of inner equilibrium: forward bends, hip openers leading to pranayama and meditation
- Meditation and mudra for Vira, Sringara and Shanti Rasa
- Cultivation of Bhava (feeling awareness) to enter the natural ﬂow of yoga
- Poetry in Motion: integration of inner teachings of poetry, music and rhythm in cultivating the "theme of the class"
- Temple of Rasa: prana flow abhyanga massage and radical relaxation
- Sahaja Vinyasa™ and Yoga Trance Dance® - the roots of Sahaja and Rasa Vinyasa as a movement meditation
- Sringara Rasa visual powerpoint exploration inclding the sublime eros; the physiological and spiritual benefits of embodying the power of love
- Awakening Vira Rasa through Kalarippayatu (fluid martial art form in the tradition of CVN Kalari in Kerala) and PranaDandaYoga - a unique and powerful mind-body training method that works with a five-foot flexible staff for inner and outer alignment.
Eligibility for this course
For yoga teachers, trainee teachers, and experienced practitioners of vinyasa yoga.
You will receive a Yogacampus Certificate of Attendance on completing all intensive hours. This Intensive counts as an elective for the Yogacampus Teacher Training Diploma.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 7042 9900.
About Shiva Rea
Los Angeles based Shiva Rea is a leading teacher of vinyasa flow yoga worldwide. Shiva began exploring yoga at the age of fourteen as a way to understand her name, given to her by her father, a surfer and artist. She has studied in the Krishnamacharya lineage, and explored Tantra, Ayurveda, Bhakti, Kalaripayattu, world dance, yogic art and somatic movement. Her studies and zest for life infuse her approach to living yoga and to 'embodying the flow'. She is known for bringing the roots of yoga alive for modern practitioners in creative, dynamic and life-transforming ways. Read Shiva Rea's full biography.